Dear A-T Fund Community,
Thanks in large part to your continued support, our student-athletes have thrived during the COVID-19 pandemic. We’ve been able to continue to provide world-class support in academics, sports medicine, and mental health to 400-plus student-athletes that are spread across the country and around the globe. And our student-athletes delivered, posting a record GPA of 3.23 for the spring 2020 semester.
Our commitment to provide the resources necessary to fulfill our mission of developing young people who will change the world continues, even with the significant financial challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic presents. Therefore, as we continue to navigate these unprecedented times together, your support of Georgia Tech student-athletes is as important as ever. And the Athletic Scholarship Fund is the primary vehicle by which we provide tuition, academic support and Total Person Program services to our student-athletes.
Upon taking over as the football head coach at Georgia Tech, Geoff Collins has introduced his “Above The Line” philosophy to the Yellow Jacket family. So we are now asking the A-T Fund community to put us Above The Line in reaching this year’s Athletic Scholarship Fund goals. For this giving year, we set The Line at $2.25 million received from 2,500 donors by June 30, 2020. As of April 30, we remained $700,000 and 850 donors short of The Line.
To help us reach that mark, we’re pleased to add the opportunity for donors to be invited to a series of Above The Line virtual meetings with Georgia Tech head coaches. Outlined below, Above The Line meetings will begin this summer for all who make a qualifying donation to the Athletic Scholarship Fund by June 30, 2020.
GT ATHLETIC HEAD COACH VIRTUAL MEETING OPPORTUNITIES
- Coach Geoff Collins
- All donors at the Diamond "T" ($7,500), Half Scholarship ($15,000) and Full Scholarship ($30,000) levels
- Meetings will be around 10 donors per session to allow for personalized time
- Collection of GT Head Coaches
- New donors who join at the Alexander ($500), Heisman ($1,000) or Golden "T" ($3,000) levels
- Renewing donors who upgrade their 2019 giving level to the Alexander ($500), Heisman ($1,000) or Golden "T" ($3,000) levels
- Renewing donors who upgrade their 2019 gift amount by $1,000
- Meetings will feature several head coaches at a time, will be a open to a large audience, and follow a Town Hall structure
We hope that you will help put us Above The Line through your continued support of our Everyday Champion student-athletes.
Questions? Call the A-T Fund office at (404) 894-5414.
Thank you for all you do. Go Jackets!
P.S.: By reaching these "Above The Line" goals, the $4.5M goal for the Athletic Scholarship Fund within Athletics Initiative 2020 would also be completed six months ahead of schedule.